Sunday, July 22, 2012

Word count? What do you mean, word count?

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've greatly reduced the estimated word count of the first book. I don't know where I got the magic number 350k from, but I've since changed it to 150k. Following the formula that a page are an estimated 250 words, that would make the finished book end up a comfy 600 pages.

Ah, well.

The upside of the reduction is that I'm no longer 9% done, but at a whopping 21%!

If I keep going at this speed, I should be done with book one by mid August.
Now, is this a realistic estimate? No way. But having 1/5 of the book written in under a week feels damn good!

Depending on how things are shaping up, I might write until I'm done - or, more likely, run head-on into a block - but if you end up having to wait longer for book one, book two will be following sooner after that.

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment